An open fabrication laboratory and workshop for biological matter and materials at Roskilde University.
BioFabLab RUC is a biological extension of Fablab RUC, with the same methods and philosophy. We evolve prototypes consisting of and containing living matter and materials. We work with fungi, genes, tissue cultures, bacteria algae, wastewater, plants and trees. We apply a hands-on rapid prototyping to solve real-world everyday problems or get new insights on basic research questions, facilitating the development of new ideas, products and services.
Read more about the biofablab
The lab is slowly starting up in 2017, and is currently under development. It is situated together with fablab RUC. We are always looking for professionals, voluntaries or interns to work or collaborate with, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Drop in: BioFabLab people are around on Tuesdays from 15-18.
Use firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the BioFabLab Team.
Research & Services
Our work consist of: a) Developing hands-on living prototypes, contributing to citizen innovation. b) Supporting academic research. c) Teaching, through workshops, courses and course development. We provide services for:
- Academic staff at RUC, nationally and internationally
- Industri and public sector both established companies and start-ups.
Within the main themes:
- Open source hardware for science and labs
- Ecosystem design principles
- How to grow everything
- Citizen Science / DIY Research: (getting the knowledge in scientific papers out, through the questions of the general citizens form their everyday life)
Photos by mmborch, unless otherwise noted