Open Source Hardware for Science & Labs
One of three focus themes of BioFabLab Ruc is to contribute to the growing movement of open source hardware for science and laboratories. It's a natural extension of our large experience with building open source hardware.
Several initiatives already exists:
- GOSH, A community gathering for open science hardware. They also released a manifesto for free scientific equipment.
- Collection of open source lab equipment
- Hackteria and Gaudilabs have also compiled a list of open source laboratory equipment.
- 3D Print DIY-Labgear from Thingiverse
And two journals have recently been launched:
Other references and texts
- Building Research Equipment with Free, Open-Source Hardware, Science, (pierce 2012)