We are hiring - student assistant
Become a Student Assistant at FabLab RUC.
Do you want to help run an experimental research and learning facility?
FabLab RUC has two vacant student assistant positions.
Your job will be:
- Help students, researchers and and guests using the FabLab
- Make sure the different labs are organised and tidy
- Keep supplies available
- Lend out equipment
- Maintain the living things in the BioFablab.
- Help out when we run workshops and courses
- Help when the Fablab has activities at conferences, events, fairs and festivals.
What’s in for you:
- You will learn how to use the main machines of the Fablab (Laser cutter, CNC, 3D printer etc.).
- You will get access to the lab 24/7.
- You will have access to multiple talented people which you can tap for knowledge
- Pay (165 kr/hour + 20 kr/hour holiday money)
We expect you to be a curious person with the will to learn and experiment with new tools and methods. We don’t expect you to know all the equipment at the lab - we will introduce you to it. Some knowledge and interest in new technologies, programming or biohacking is a plus, but not a requirement. Let us also know how much time you have left of your studies.
7 hours a week (one day a week)
You will engage with a team of 5 technology gurus, 7 student helpers and 2-3 interns.
Applicants will be called in for an interview as suitable candidates apply.
Expect to start as soon as possible.
Questions and comments
If you have questions or comments contact: Technology Consultant Sara Daugbjerg firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
Documentation of education
Please submit your application no later than October 9, 2020.
Material received after this date will not be taken into consideration.
Roskilde University wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.