Fiber marking laser
Cloudray 50W LiteMarker Fiber Marking Machine With JPT MOPA LP Laser. 300*300mm working area.
This machine is now set up and mounted in a safety box with safety interlocks. We are however still learning to use it. It is in building 9.
This machine is suitable for
- Marking and engraving in metals
- Marking and engraving in other materials, for example plastics (but not clear plastic, use a CO2 laser for that)
- Cutting very thin metals (up to 1 mm)
- Marking in colour (frequency/refraction grating) in stainless steel
Example settings (work in progress)
- Default/try first: speed 200 power 90%
- Cutting 0.5mm brass: Speed 100 Power 90% Frequency 37 HATCH: Bidirectional HATCH angle: 0 LINE SPACE: 0.5 WOBBLE DIAMETER: 0.30 WOBBLE DISTANCE: 0.1 (from https://www.barchlaser.com/fiber-laser-settings-for-cutting-brass/ )
Stainless steel (with colour) ↑
Safety box. Most places seem to be using these lasers without a safety enclosure, but we do not feel that is ok. The door must be closed before the laser will fire. There is a special window.