Become a Student Assistant at FabLab RUC
Do you want to help run an experimental research and learning facility?
FabLab RUC has two vacant student assistant positions.
Your job will be:
- Help students, researchers and and guests using the FabLab
- Make sure the different labs are organised and tidy
- Keep supplies available
- Lend out equipment
- Maintain the living things in the BioFablab.
- Help out when we run workshops and courses
- Help when the Fablab has activities at conferences, events, fairs and festivals.
What’s in for you:
- You will learn how to use the main machines of the Fablab (Laser cutter, CNC, 3D printer etc.).
- You will get access to the lab 24/7.
- You will have access to multiple talented people which you can tap for knowledge
- Pay (114 kr/hour + 14 kr/hour holiday money)
We expect you to be a curious person with the will to learn and experiment with new tools and methods. We don’t expect you to know all the equipment at the lab - we will introduce you to it. Some knowledge and interest in new technologies, programming or biohacking is a plus, but not a requirement.
7 hours a week (one day a week)
You will engage with a team of 6 technology gurus, 7 student helpers and 2-3 interns.
How to apply
Send short motivated application (Danish or English) and your CV / Portfolio to email@example.com. Let us know how much time you have left of your studies. Deadline is Tuesday 05/06/2018. Applicants will be called in for an interview as suitable candidates apply.
Expect to start after summer 2018.
Questions and comments:
If you have questions or comments contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org
About FabLab RUC
FabLab RUC is an experimental and creative learning and research facility, a leading university Fablab, rapid prototyping laboratory and digital production workshops inspired by the MIT Fablab Charter. It is the place where cutting edge tools for digital fabrication and rapid prototyping are available, putting Roskilde University at the forefront of the maker revolution. Read more: fablab.ruc.dk